Top 5 Sundance 2015 Celebrities and Brands Making a BIG Difference
Nikki Reed Catdance, The Creative Coalition, Moose Knuckles and More
To bring you the GOOD News from the 2015 Sundance Film Festival, the Goody Awards went on a mission to find people and brands doing good. Enjoy our recap of the top 5 celebrities, events and brands making the world a better place at Sundance 2015 including Nikki Reed’s Catdance, The Creative Coalition Luncheon, Moose Knuckles, Jelt Belt, Yellow Tail and the Ecoluxe Lounge.
1. Nikki Reed hosted Catdance – We LOVED the Third Annual Catdance presented by Fresh Step that was hosted by Actor Nikki Reed. Nikki had real cats, people were dressed as cats, film posters highlight the cats short film finalists, a photo booth was set up with fun props, and Fresh Step donated $100 to the ASPCA for every picture posted with #Catdance during the event. Nikki also wore a beautiful gold and diamond cat ring that is being auctioned off at freshstep.com, and all the money goes to benefit the ASPCA.
2. The Creative Coalition Teachers Making a Difference Luncheon – This arts education advocacy lunch is one of our favorite events of Sundance every year. This year, David Arquette (“Never Been Kissed”), John Leguizamo (“Ice Age”), RJ Mitte (“Breaking Bad”) and Randall Emmett (“Lone Survivor”) honored teachers. To find out more, watch our red carpet interview with Tim Daly, President of The Creative Coalition who also stars on “Madam Secretary.” This special event was also support by ProjectGreenUSA.com.
3. Moose Knuckles “Justin Beaver” Challenge – This premium sportswear company hosted a special event that challenged celebrities to ride “Justin Beaver”. Whoever rode the “Justin Beaver” the longest would win $10,000 to donate to the charity of their choice. Congratulations Actress and Model Michelle Money on winning the grand prize.
3. Jelt Belt made with Recyclable Materials – We loved the new Jelt Belt, which is an invisible belt product that we found at the Kari Feinstein Sundance Style Lounge. It’s flat, easy, grippy and good for the environment because it’s made with all recyclable materials plus they donate 10 percent of their sales to charity. And one of the best parts, you can leave it on when you go through airport security.
4. Yellow Tail Wheel of Giving – Yellow Tail (wine) was also busy doing good at the TR Suites Gifting Lounge. Celebrities took turns spinning their wheel of giving. Whatever number that the wheel landed on, Yellow Tail donated that amount to Ample Harvest (the charity supports freshly harvested food for local growers nationwide).
5. EcoLuxe Lounge – We loved the eco-friendly products at the Ecoluxe Lounge. We met Janae Tanner, CEO of J’Andre, who has designed the first all-natural cosmetic sponges on the market.
We also gave out two Hero Goody Award Tags to Jelt Belt President Jen Perry for her stylish belts made out of recyclable materials, and to Fitness Guru Jeff Seid, who dedicates time to giving back inbetween expos. Jeff was very gracious when fans asked him for photos on Main Street, did a “Feeding the Hungry” event in Orange County and has done community service in his hometown of Seattle.
We hope you will join us in cheers for these brands and celebrities making a BIG difference at Sundance 2015. If you see anyone, a brand, or even a non-human doing good, you can recognize them immediately by tweeting #GoodyAwards here in 20 Categories. http://goodyawards.com/categories
© Goody Awards 2015