Goody Awards Launches Voting for Social Good Awards during CES 2013
Users can now vote for friends, heroes and teams doing good via social media using Twitter hashtags, and see immediate results on the new Goody Awards Voting Leader Board.
To give everyone a chance to vote for social good leaders year-round, the Goody Awards for social good launches Voting during the 2013 CES (Consumer Electronics Show) this week in Las Vegas. Users can now vote for friends, heroes and teams doing good via social media using Twitter hashtags, and see immediate results on the new Goody Awards Voting Leader Board.
The current leaders for the Goody of the Month Awards are now displayed, along with the new competition standings for the Goody of the Year Awards in each category. For a vote to count, users must include 3 things in their tweet: @Username, Awards Category, and the Why.
- Twitter handle you want to recognize (i.e. @tonyrobbins, @UNWomenLA )
- Category = #HeroGoody #EcoGoody #TeamGoody #GoodDeedGoody or #TeacherGoody
- Your WHY = for…(hosting a great event, buying me lunch, etc.)
If users want an easy way to vote, there is also a new Goody Awards Voting Form with fields on the Home page of GoodyAwards.com. The Goody Awards mission is to inspire change by recognizing good, and the new voting can build more buzz around heroes making a difference in our lives. Users are already RTing the votes to share the good.
Each vote or tweet counts twice: once for Goody of the Month, and a second time for Goody of the Year. Users can vote for five Goody Awards categories (#HeroGoody #TeamGoody #GoodDeedGoody #EcoGoody and #TeacherGoody).
1. Eco Goody – Vote for green conscious groups or individuals inspiring change.
2. Good Deed Goody – Vote for people who’ve helped you by doing a good deed.
3. Hero Goody – Vote for anyone making a big difference in our lives.
4. Teacher Goody – Vote for teachers or mentors who have helped you.
5. Team Good – Vote for any groups, organizations or teams making a difference.
To help users get started, here are Goody Awards Votes as examples:
- I nominate @mikeveny for a #HeroGoody #GoodyAwards for using music to inspire change!
- Shout out @Kickstarter for supporting Sundance filmmakers & helping great films get funded. #HeroGoody #GoodyAwards #Sundance.
- I nominate @mobilityvansny for #goodyaward #herogoody for the great work he does for the disabled
- Shout out @JeffPulver for organizing the upcoming State of Now Event for June 2013 in NYC! #HeroGoody #GoodyAwards
Along with these Twitter awards, the Goody Awards does social media marketing campaigns tied to awards at live events for causes with brand sponsors. There are two exciting events planned already for 2013 tied to cause marketing campaigns, including special awards at events at the Sundance Film Festival (January) and Comedy Gives Back 24-hr Show/Telethon for Malaria No More (March.)
The Goody Awards of the Month will receive Twitter shout-outs and badges to place on their website. The Goody Awards of the Year will be announced in January 2014. For questions, check out the FAQ and/or Rules. Best of luck to everyone, and let the Goody Awards Voting begin!
© GoodyAwards, 2013