Free The Children Craig Kielburger receives 1st Hero Goody Necklace
The Goody Awards will donate up to 50% of the profits to Free The Children
Free The Children Co-Founder Craig Kielburger received the first official Hero Goody Necklace (#A1) during We Day Minnesota last week from 9-yr-old Julia (Goody Awards Founder Liz H Kelly’s niece) for building a powerful force for good. You can watch a video recap of this exciting We Day with 18,000 youth and ambassador photos (Queen Noor, Joe Jonas, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kenyan Boys Choir and more) in this VIDEO: We Day Minnesota Recap and Photos, with 11-yr-old Haley Lannon.
Craig Kielburger came up with the idea of Free The Children at the age of 12 after seeing alarming headlines about child labour. Together with his brother and Co-Founder, Marc Kielburger, and the Free The Children team, the organization now teaches children to help children get out of poverty with global impacts in 45 countries worldwide.
Since 1995, Free The Children has provided
– 650+ schools and school rooms built
– 30,000 women with economic self- sufficiency
– 55,000 children with education every day
– 1,000,000 people with clean water, health care and sanitation
– 2,300,000 with Free The Children education programs
Because the Hero Goody Necklace symbolizes global citizen heroes, and Free The Children educates and empowers youth to be global citizens, it was an honor to present this Hero Goody necklace to Craig and to support his organization.
We Day Minnesota was a “celebration of past heroes” at the Xcel Energy Center in St Paul, Minnesota. During this action-packed day, Craig honored Martin Luther King JR and the 50th anniversary of his “I have a dream” speech. Martin Luther King III shared, “If my father and mother were alive, I can assure you, they’d be right in the middle of this movement.”
And yes, this is a powerful movement, and the Goody Awards is proud to play a small part. We will donate up to 50% of our Hero Goody Necklace profits to Free The Children. Anyone can help by purchasing a Hero Goody Necklace. As soon as you purchase a Hero Goody Necklace, you are recognized as a global citizen and the Goody Awards will donate 25% of the profits to Free The Children. And when you “Pay Good Forward” by giving the necklace to your hero and emailing us the story to taggood AT goodyawards.com, we will donate another 25% for a total of 50% of profits.
Congratulations @CraigKielburger on your Hero Goody necklace, and we look forward to supporting Free The Children and recognizing global citizens around the world because “it’s cool to care” and tag good.
© Goody Awards 2013