As the world mourns Nelson Mandela, we celebrate 13 Mandela quotes that changed the world. Thank you Madiba for making us look at life’s challenges with a bright light. The world will be forever grateful for your leadership through these words.
1. Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world.
2. Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
3. A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
4. Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
5. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.
6. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
7. After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
8. Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.
9. Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
10. Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement.
11. We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
12. There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.
13. There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
Mahalo Madiba! Thank you for your many sacrifices for the greater good. We celebrate your life as a global peacemaker hero this week, and will study your long walk to freedom for decades.