About the Goody Awards
Join our mission to inspire positive change by recognizing the good in the world!
Our MISSION – To inspire positive change by recognizing and promoting the good in the world.
Our top GOALS include:
1. To make it easy for you to thank your heroes through our online and offline awards program.
2. To start a Pay Good Forward movement where you can recognize good and join a global conversation about how we can make the world a better place.
3. To support causes and brands in 4 key areas: Environment, Education, Health and Women Empowerment.
4. To promote causes and brands through our Goody PR services.
There are 6 ways to magnify good with Goody Awards. We encourage everyone to help us recognize good 24×7, 365 days a year! Together, WE can change the world!
1. Nominate Anyone, Anytime: Anyone can tweet nominations anytime to recognize people, teams and even animals doing social good with 1 of 5 #GoodyAwards categories: #HeroGoody, #TeamGoody, #EcoGoody, #TeacherGoody, #GoodDeedGoody.
Example: I nominate @ComedyGivesBack for a #TeamGoody #GoodyAwards for hosting show @YouTube for @MalariaNoMore
2. Goody Awards of the Month: Each hashtag tweet counts as vote for @username towards monthly awards, and winners receive badges and certificates!
4. Hero Goody Award Tag: Anyone can purchase a Hero Goody Necklace to support Free The Children and recognize global citizens making a difference. The Goody Awards will donate up to 50% of profits to Free The Children. http://goodyawards.com/taggood
5. First Goody Awards: The first awards for a new category are given at live events (ex. First #ComedyGoody Award), and winners are added to our Superstars. Brands can sponsor the first Goody Award as part of a cause marketing campaign.
6. Golden Goody Awards: These lifetime achievement awards can be part of a cause marketing campaign, and are usually presented at a live event. Anyone can nominate someone for a Golden Goody Award. The Goody Awards Advisory Board reviews the nominations and selects winners.
This is our top Goody Award, and is like an Oscar for Social Good or Golden Globe, and is given at live events only. The Goody Awards builds cause marketing campaigns to recognize someone doing good in the space, and partners with brand sponsors, celebrities and causes for these “Special Awards.”
This award has been presented to Ian Somerhalder who inspires youth to change the world and join the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, Autistic Teen Animator Dani Bowman who has taught 150 autistic children how to do animation and illustrated 2 anti-bully books (photo to the left), Louie Psihoyos, Director of “The Cove”, Erica Greve, Unlikely Heroes Founder and more. Check out the previous Golden Goody Award winners.
Liz H Kelly created the Goody Awards™ to give you an easy way to recognize good thru online and offline awards. As CEO/Founder, she’s helped build companies and recognition programs for Fox Interactive Media/MySpace, Paramount Pictures, Sprint PCS office, and interactive startups. Liz is currently on the Advisory Board of Net Impact LA and Global Girl Media.
Liz knew she wanted to change the world at 9 years old when she went to a summer camp where the top award was for leaders focused on teamwork, giving back and making the camp a better place versus the best tennis player. Liz is active in the community, has been on social good panels for Social Media Week LA, Silicon Beach, Digital Hollywood, and teaches social media at UCLA Extension. She has put together a global Advisory Board to support all this good!
Our Goody PR… company manages the Marketing, PR and Social Media tied to these cause marketing campaigns for brand sponsors. We’d love to hear from anyone interested in developing a campaign or learning about our sponsorship opportunities.
@LizHKelly @GoodyAwards strategically helped us from early on thru launch to develop a global marketing campaign including press releases, social media and photography for @ComedyGivesBack 24 Hours of Comedy benefiting Malaria No More that contributed to our 100 million impressions in 2 weeks resulting in winning the IAWTV Best Live Event Award. We were thrilled to leverage the Comedy Gives Back platform to honor Budd Friedman with the Golden Goody Award. ~ @AmberJLawson @ComedyGivesBack
We’ve also done marketing campaigns to promote Rethinking Autism, Oceanic Preservation Society, Women In Film in Park City, UN Women Los Angeles Chapter, love.fútbol and more. We don’t just give awards, we MAGNIFY your Good! If you have ideas for a cause marketing campaign and/or sponsors, please email email@example.com.
We are grateful to our SPONSORS and PARTNERS
Follow all the GOOD NEWs on our Social Media Channels
@GoodyAwards – We’d love you follow us on Twitter and tweet awards using #GoodyAwards.
Goody Awards YouTube Channel - We have a YouTube channel, where we post videos of celebrities and causes talking about their latest social good projects.
Goody Awards Instagram – Join us on Instagram for fun photos and tag good when you see it using #GoodyAwards.
Goody Awards Pinterest – We also have 3 Boards on Pinterest for 1) People doing social good, 2) Teams doing social good and 3) Social Good Quotes. We love to be pinned!
We hope you’re excited about this new way to recognize your everyday heroes through Social Good Shout Outs and Social Media. We welcome your feedback on our campaigns and awards programs, and thank you for stopping by GoodyAwards.com.
© Goody Awards, 2014