About the Goody Awards
Inspiring change by recognizing the good in the world!
Goody Awards™ facilitates Social Good Awards via social media, special awards and cause marketing campaigns, similar to the million$ advertising campaigns that we managed while working for Fox Interactive Media/MySpace. While anyone can tweet a Goody Award nomination at anytime, we also specialize in developing campaigns tied to special awards and causes.
Our Mission – To inspire positive change by recognizing the good in the world. We are all about “stacking positives,” and encourage you to recognize everyday heroes. Our top two goals include:
1. To make it easy for you to thank your heroes through our online and offline awards program.
2. To support important causes in 4 key areas: Environment, Education, Health and Women Empowerment.
There are 6 ways to honor global citizens with Goody Awards. We encourage everyone to help us recognize good! Together, WE can change the world!
1. Nominate Anyone, Anytime: Anyone can tweet nominations anytime that give shout outs to people doing social good with 1 of 5 #GoodyAwards categories: #HeroGoody, #TeamGoody, #EcoGoody, #TeacherGoody, #GoodDeedGoody.
Ex: I nominate @ComedyGivesBack for a #TeamGoody #GoodyAwards for hosting show @YouTube for @MalariaNoMore
2. Goody Awards of the Month: Each tweet counts as vote for @username towards monthly awards, and winners are added to our Superstars.
4. Hero Goody Necklace: Anyone can now purchase a Hero Goody Necklace to support Free The Children. This new necklace represents global citizens, and the Goody Awards will donate up to 50% of profits to Free The Children.
5. First Goody Awards: The first awards for a new category are given at live events (ex. First Comedy Goody Awards will be giving this fall), and winners are added to our Superstars. Brands can sponsor the first Goody Award as part of a cause marketing campaign.
6. Golden Goody Awards: Lifetime achievement awards are given as part of cause marketing campaign at a live event. Anyone can nominate someone for a Golden Goody Award.
Golden Goody - This is our top Goody Award, and is like an Oscar for Social Good or Golden Globe, and is given at live events only. The Goody Awards builds cause marketing campaigns to recognize someone doing good in the space, and partners with brand sponsors, celebrities and causes for these “Special Awards.” This award has been presented to Autistic Teen Animator Dani Bowman who has taught 150 autistic children how to do animation and illustrated 2 anti-bully books (photo to the left), Louie Psihoyos, Director of “The Cove”, Erica Greve, Unlikely Heroes Founder and more. Check out the previous Golden Goody Award winners.
The Goody Awards™ builds communities around causes through education and entertainment content. We’ve done marketing campaigns to promote Rethinking Autism, Oceanic Preservation Society, Women In Film in Park City, UN Women Los Angeles Chapter and more. We don’t just give awards, we support movements!
Our Goody PR… company manages the Marketing, PR and Social Media tied to these cause marketing campaigns for brand sponsors. We’d love to hear from anyone interested in developing a campaign or learning about our sponsorship opportunities.
If you have ideas for a cause marketing campaign and/or sponsors, please email email@example.com. We’re active in the community (spoke on Comedy Gives Back panel in photo to right at Digital Hollywood), and would love to talk to you about building positive PR for your brand.
Social Media Channels
@GoodyAwards – We’d love you follow us on Twitter and tweet awards using #GoodyAwards.
Goody Awards YouTube Channel - We have a YouTube channel, where we post videos of celebrities and causes talking about their latest social good projects.
Goody Awards Pinterest – We also have 3 Boards on Pinterest for 1) People doing social good, 2) Teams doing social good and 3) Social Good Quotes. We love to be pinned!
We hope you’re excited about this new way to recognize your everyday heroes through Social Good Shout Outs and Social Media. We welcome your feedback on our campaigns and awards programs, and thank you for stopping by GoodyAwards.com.
© Goody Awards, 2013