How givn app is rallying for 8 NonProfits for Year-End Giving
givn is a social sharing app that makes supporting good causes more visible, tangible, actionable and contagious
With 12% of all US annual giving happening in the last 3 days of the year, Posiba’s givn app is giving a final year-end giving push to eight nonprofits competing in their givn #SparkTheGood Contest (ends December 31, 2015). Anyone (donors, volunteers and nonprofits) can sign up for a fun and free givn account, and help their favorite nonprofit win $25,000 in prizes by sharing their support on social media.
Posiba designed the givn app and website to increase the social impact of charity support by leveraging social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn). According to ORC’s International Caravan Survey, the statistics show that sharing charitable donations through social media multiplies the results:
- 70% would take action if asked by a friend on social media.
- More than 1/3 would like a friend’s post about donating to charity.
- 1 in 4 would donate to charity if asked by a friend on social media.
- Nearly 1 in 5 make a donation after seeing a friend’s post.
On top of donations from loyal supporters, nonprofits can win up to an additional $25,000 in prizes from the givn #SparkTheGood Contest by Posiba. The top 3 nonprofits with the most social media engagements will win $10,000 (1st prize), $7,500 (2nd prize) and $5,000 (3rd prize). In addition to nonprofit winners, donors with the most engagement (“sparks”) by year-end will win money to donate to their favorite cause, including $2,500 (1st prize), $1,000 (2nd prize) and $500 (3rd prize).
givn by Posiba requested blogs with 2015 social impact stories from everyone participating in their #SparkTheGood Contest. After reviewing the entries, the top eight blogs selected include these nonprofits, who are helping to get the word out about their good deeds for supporters and their networks:
- Animal Rescuers Without Borders (ARWOB) help the most vulnerable homeless cats and dogs on both sides of the U.S./Mexico Among the 400 animals rescued, nursed, fostered, and adopted to loving families in 2015 were ten dogs saved from starvation and disease in what is called “OPERATION FREEDOM”.
- Augie’s Quest funds research and drug development aimed at ending ALS, Lou Gehrig’s disease. Since 2007, Augie’s Quest has raised over $44 million in support of finding effective ALS treatments-making it the largest individual fundraising program for ALS. Augie Nieto is the Chairman of the Board of Directors ALS TDI and co-founder of Life Fitness.
- Crossroads Youth & Family Services supports healthy lifestyles and emotional well-being of children, youth, and families through the provision of effective, community-based programs. The organization acknowledges talent and encourages volunteers to do the same, for the more than 300 children who come through their doors each year.
- Diversified Intervention Group (DIG) mission is to provide professional prevention (education), intervention, aftercare and treatment referral services to all individuals who suffer from all addictions. DIG trains students according to best practices, evidence based material by NAADAC (Association for Addiction Professionals).
- Family Alliance for Counseling Tools and Resolution (factr) promotes the resilience and well being of refugees and immigrants through counseling, forensic services, educational workshops and opportunities for cultural exchange with the larger community.
- Lighthouse Cares Foundation helps families with home repairs and takes meals to sick and incapacitated members. This group also does community work such as cleaning and repairs at the Boys & Girls Club, battered women shelters and home repairs for homeowners that could not afford or were able to do themselves, and blood donation drives for the San Diego Blood Bank.
- Trauma and Resiliency Resources’ Warrior Camp®mission is to heal the trauma of war in active duty military personnel and all combat veterans. Warrior Camp is one of the few programs that is directly addressing Moral Injury.
- VinaCapital Foundation’s mission is to empower the children and youth of Vietnam by providing opportunities for growth through health and education projects. Their vision is a Vietnam where all children, regardless of health complications or a lack of access to education, can take advantage of the numerous opportunities available so that they may contribute to society and accomplish their dreams.
givn is a social sharing app that makes supporting good causes more visible, tangible, actionable and contagious. Powered by the Posiba platform, givn is a secure website plugin that takes just minutes to put on a nonprofit’s email or website. Donors and volunteers gain an easy way to socialize their support for the causes they care about and watch their impact grow. The givn app is just one of the ways Posiba brings people and information together. For more information, visit https://givn.social
Posiba expands what’s possible by expanding what’s knowable. The company brings together public, private and crowd-sourced data with tools and analytics to help nonprofits, foundations and government know more about the impact they’re having and how to increase it. Users of the affordable, subscription-based web service gain the means to share data-guided insights, make better-informed decisions and discover how to make a bigger collective difference.